Spring is (finally!) in the air – and it’s the perfect time to sell your home, if you’ve been considering it. Here are 5 great tips for spring home sellers to follow:
1) Spring Clean Your Home – wash the windows and have your carpet professionally cleaned; touch up paint inside and out where needed; dust off your mechanicals, vents, lights and ceiling fans; and consider your curb appeal – bright sprint flowers go a long way in creating a charming and inviting first impression!
2) Clear The Clutter – go room by room and purge what you will not be taking with you in your move. Whatever you don’t need should be tossed, donated or sold on Ebay or a local “garage sale” page on Facebook.
3) Use Color Themes – Freshen up your rooms with coordinating pillows, bedding and window treatments – even fresh flowers. Keep things neutral but warm.
4) Get a Home Inspection – stay one step ahead of your buyers by having your home checked out before they come in – this gives you an opportunity to address any minor, or major, issues before buyers walk through and present them with a home that’s in the best condition possible.
5) Don’t Hike Up the Sale Price – as always, this is the most important element in selling your home. The closer you are to the true market value of your home, the more quickly it will sell, and the more you will get for your home.
See the full article here.
For a personalized recommendation on how to best get your home into spring selling shape, contact me at 847-652-1902 or Stephanie.Hofman@gmail.com